Half Year in Review: My Top 50 Country Music Songs of 2016…So Far
It’s that time of year again where I like to take a quick look at my favorite country music songs of the year so far. We’re just about at the halfway point so now is as good a time as any, right?
Now, let me preface this list as I always do.
- I’m not a professional music reviewer.
- I don’t get paid to promote artists.
- I don’t go by Billboard or radio airplay charts.
This list consists of the top 50 songs that I like so far in 2016. The songs that I wanted to come on my radio while driving to and from work, on a road trip, or when I was just sitting at home. Note that not all songs may be “traditional country”. I listen to all genre’s of music, so I have no issues with country artists who play “non-traditional” country. To me…music is music. If I like it, I’m going to listen to it (and enjoy it).
Also, you’ll notice that a lot of mainstream, radio hits by major artists are not included. No reason except for the fact that my list is not based on how famous you are. Simple as that. It’s the songs that I love (but please feel free to sway me in your direction if I left a song off).
You probably heard some of these songs every hour (on the hour) on your local country station. Others may not have been played much (if at all) when they should have been, in my own, personal opinion. Also, while some of these songs may have come out in late 2015, and may have even landed a low spot on my wrap up of the year, they were ones that were predominantly played (if they made the radio) so far in the 2016 calendar year.
Others may be primed for success later this year so keep your ears open!
Either way, I’m sure that I’m going to leave quite a few songs off this list that could have easily made it. I know this going in and expect each and every one of you to say “hey, what about this song…or that song.” Please do. Fight for the music and artists that YOU love!!!!
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go through each entry and provide detailed background on the song, reasons for it’s placement, etc…But, feel free to leave a comment and I’d be happy to respond.
And now, Without further ado, let’s get this party started with a three-way tie at #50.
(T) 50. “California Grown“, Tyler Rich
(T) 50. “Paradice“, Michael Beck
(T) 50. “Middle of Nowhere“, McKenzies Mill
49.”Ice Cold Summer“, Trailer Choir
48. “Make You Mine“, High Valley
47. “Drunk on Your Love“, Brett Eldredge
46. “Shut Up and Fish“, Maddie and Tae
45. “Suitcase“, Steve Moakler
44. “Running for You“, Kip Moore
43. “June“, Runaway Angel
42. “Wasted Time“, Keith Urban
41. “If the Boot Fits“, Granger Smith
40. “Bluebonnets“, Aaron Watson
39. “Livin’ the Dream“, Drake White
38. “Mind Reader“, Dustin Lynch
37. “Better in Boots“, Tyler Farr
36. “American Country Love Song“, Jake Owen
35. “Hurtin’ on the Bottle“, Margo Price
34. “Shake it Like a Hillbilly“, Hillbilly Vegas
33. “Record Year“, Eric Church
32. “Someone to Take Your Place“, Tara Thompson
31. “It All Started with a Beer“, Frankie Ballard
30.”Rock On“, Tucker Beathard
29. “Sooner Than Later“, Jacob Davis
28. “Wasn’t That Drunk“, Josh Abbott Band w/ Carly Pearce
27. “Outskirts of Heaven“, Craig Campbell
26. “Think of You“, Chris Young w/ Cassadee Pope
25. “You Look Like I Need a Drink“, Justin Moore
24. “Long Live Tonight“, LANco
23. “Mayday“, Cam
22. “American Outlaw“, Halfway to Hazard
21. “I Know Somebody“, LOCASH
20. “You Should Be Here“, Cole Swindell
19. “Parachute“, Chris Stapleton
18. “Girl Next Door“, Brandy Clark
17. “Humble and Kind“, Tim McGraw
16. “Snapback“, Old Dominion
15. “Break Up in a Small Town“, Sam Hunt
14. “Saltwater Gospel“, Eli Young Band
13. “21 Summer“, Brothers Osborne
12. “Vacation“, Thomas Rhett
11. “Southernality“, A Thousand Horses
10. “It Don’t Hurt Like it Used To“, Billy Currington
9. “Mr. Misunderstood“, Eric Church
8. “From the Ground Up“, Dan & Shay
7. “H.O.L.Y.“, Florida Georgia Line
6. “Dance With Ya“, Drew Baldridge
5. “Backroad Song“, Granger Smith
4. “Head Over Boots“, Jon Pardi
3. “Beautiful Drug“, Zac Brown Band
2. “My Church“, Maren Morris
1. “Die a Happy Man“, Thomas Rhett
Well that’s it. My Top 50 of 2016…so far!
Where did I hit the nail on the head? Where did the arrow miss the mark?
Let me know in the comments below!
Tags: A Thousand Horses, Aaron Watson, Best Country Songs, Best Country Songs of 2016, Billy Currington, Brandy Clark, Brett Eldredge, Brothers Osborne, Cam, Carly Pearce, Cassadee Pope, Chris Stapleton, Chris Young, Cole Swindell, Country Music, Craig Campbell, Dan and Shay, David Nail, Drake White, Drew Baldridge, Dustin Lynch, Eric Church, Florida Georgia Line, Frankie Ballard, Granger Smith, Halfway to Hazzard, High Valley, Hillbilly Vegas, Jacob Davis, Jake Owen, Jon Pardi, Josh Abbott, Josh Abbott Band, Justin Moore, Keith Urban, Kip Moore, LANco, LoCash, LoCash Cowboys, Maddie and Tae, Maren Morris, Margo Price, McKenzies Mill, Michael Beck, Michael Beck Band, Old Dominion, Runaway Angel, Sam Hunt, Steve Moakler, Tara Thompson, Thomas Rhett, Tim McGraw, Top 50 of 2016, Top Country Songs of 2016, Trailer Choir, Tucker Beathard, Tyler Farr, Tyler Rich, Zac Brown BandYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.