Half Year in Review: My Top 20 Country Music Songs of 2015…So Far
It’s that time of year again where I like to take a quick look at my favorite country music songs of the year so far. We’re just about at the halfway point so now is as good a time as any, right?
Now, let me preface this list as I always do.
- I’m not a professional music reviewer.
- I don’t get paid to promote artists.
- I don’t go by Billboard or radio airplay charts.
This list consists of the top 20 songs that I like so far in 2015. The songs that I wanted to come on my radio while driving to and from work, on a road trip, or when I was just sitting at home. Also, you’ll notice that a lot of mainstream, radio hits by major artists are not included. No reason except for the fact that my list is not based on how famous you are. Simple as that. It’s the songs that I love (but please feel free to sway me in your direction if I left a song off).
You probably heard some of these songs every hour (on the hour) on your local country station. Others may not have been played much (if at all) when they should have been, in my own, personal opinion. Also, while some of these songs may have come out in late 2014, they were ones that were predominantly played (if they made the radio) so far in the 2015 calendar year. Others may be primed for success later this year so keep your ears open!
Either way, I’m sure that I’m going to leave quite a few songs off this list that could have easily made it. I know this going in and expect each and every one of you to say “hey, what about this song…or that song.” Please do. Fight for the music and artists that YOU love!!!!
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to go through each entry and provide detailed background on the song, reasons for it’s placement, etc…But, feel free to leave a comment and I’d be happy to respond.
And now, Without further ado, let’s get this party started with a tie at #20. Sorry, couldn’t drop either of these songs out of my Top 20.
(T) 20. “Kiss You in the Morning”, Michael Ray
(T) 20. “Nothin’ Like You”, Dan & Shay
19. “Better Than You Left Me”, Mickey Guyton
18. “My Mistake”, Cam
17. “It Feels Good”, Drake White
16. “Break Up with Him”, Old Dominion
15. “Young & Crazy”, Frankie Ballard
14. “I Love This Life”, LoCash
13. “Sippin’ on Fire”, Florida Georgia Line
12. “Love Me Like You Mean It”, Kelsea Ballerini
11. “All Country on You”, Austin Webb
10. “Love You Like That”, Canaan Smith
9. “She Don’t Love You”, Eric Paslay
8. “Biscuits”, Kacey Musgraves
7. “Hooked Up”, James Wesley
6. “Don’t It”, Billy Currington
5. “Trailer Hitch”, Kristian Bush
4. “Country”, Mo Pitney
3. “Girl Crush”, Little Big Town
2. “Homegrown”, Zac Brown Band
1. “Smoke”, A Thousand Horses
Well that’s it. My Top 20 of 2015…so far!
Where did I hit the nail on the head? Where did the arrow miss the mark? Let me know in the comments below!
Tags: A Thousand Horses, Austin Webb, Best Country Music Songs, Best of 2015, Billy Currington, Cam, Canaan Smith, Country Music, Country Music 2015, Dan & Shay, Drake White, Florida Georgia Line, Frankie Ballard, James Wesley, Joe Nichols, Kacey Musgraves, Kelsea Ballerini, Kristian Bush, Little Big Town, LoCash, LoCash Cowboys, Michael Ray, Mickey Guyton, Mo Pitney, Old Dominion, Zac Brown BandYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.