Casey Anthony: Law & Order “Ripped From the Headlines” Episode Upcoming
UPDATE: Saw the episode tonight. Definitely saw some parallels. Thoughts from those who watched?
It looks like a “Casey Anthony” episode of Law & Order SVU is going to hit the airwaves. Make sure that you check out the TV Guy Hal Boedeker for more information.
From the Orlando Sentinel:
The three series in the “Law & Order” franchise borrow from the headlines, and this “SVU” lifts liberally from the Anthony saga to establish a plot.
Let me count the ways:
1. A grandma (Gail O’Grady of “NYPD Blue”) goes to detectives about her missing granddaughter and complains, “The car smells like a dead body.”
2. The child’s mother (Hilary Duff of “Lizzie McGuire”) alleges that a babysitter took the little girl. And that babysitter is named Maria Hernandez or Fernandez. (We meet the young mom as she cleans out her car trunk and blames the stench on spoiled meat.)
3. The detectives’ boss asks what kind of mother goes off to party and leaves her kid with a woman she barely knows.
4. The young mother steals and buys a shovel.
5. The young mother has been lying since the day she could talk, and she won’t grow up, her mother complains. Grandma O’Grady announces that he has demanded that lazy Duffy find a job — and even cracked the young woman in the mouth.
6. Pictures of the young mom partying surface. “I’m young. I’m allowed to have fun,” Duff says.
More from the Orlando Sentinel:
This week’s episode of NBC‘s Law & Order: Special Victims Unit has one or two eerie parallels to the Casey Anthony case. For instance, a grandmother (played by Gail O’Grady) goes to police and complains about a stench in a car.
“That had the buzzers going off in your head,” series executive producer Neal Baer told me.
Well, yeah. But how should I feel when I hear that?
“You can feel any way you like,” Baer said. “You shouldn’t jump to conclusions.”
Baer told me he is particularly high on the episode, which airs at 10 p.m. Tuesday on WESH-Channel 2.
Yet reading too much into the plot would be wrong, Baer said. “You may think it’s something familiar, but it turns out it’s not,” Baer said.
Tags: Anthony April 26, Anthony April 27, Anthony Body Found, Anthony Death Penalty, Anthony Eulogy, Anthony Family, Anthony Funeral, Anthony Law & Order, Anthony Law & Order Episode, Anthony Law and Order, Anthony Memorial, Anthony Suicide, Anthony Text Message, Anthony Text Messages, Anthony Trial, Anthony TV, Anthony Update, Brad Conway, Casey Anthony, Casey Anthony News, Caylee, Caylee Anthony, Caylee Anthony News, Caylee April 26, Caylee April 27, Caylee Body Found, Caylee Eulogy, Caylee Funeral, Caylee Memorial, Caylee Update, Cindy Anthony, Gail O'Grady, George Anthony, Hal Boedeker, Jose Baez, Law & Order, Law and Order, Lee Anthony, Leonard Padilla, Missing Child, Missing Girl, Neal Baer, Roy Kronk, Swine Flu, Tim Miller, Todd Black, Tot Mom, TV GuyYou can comment below, or link to this permanent URL from your own site.